Are you Creative?

I am very fascinated about Creativity.  Creativity can ignite the spark in you.   Creativity is awesome.  It gives you a high.  Adrenaline rushes into your blood when you are creative.  Creativity to me is doing something different.  Creativity is breaking the mold and challenging the status quo.  It is not only applicable to people who are in entertainment, marketing, or advertising business but to everybody.

Creativity is everywhere.  You can be creative even while cleaning the floor.  You can be creative in presenting your ideas to your friends, to your boss, to your consultant or professor.  All you need to do is think differently and execute it irrespective of your fear and resistance.  Creativity is so simple to understand yet difficult to realize.  It is just being yourself and nobody else.

Last year my father gifted me the greatest gift of all times.  He gave me a book on creativity(Creativity: Unleashing the Forces Within (Osho, Insights for a New Way of Living.).   This book had a profound impact on my life.  I was recovering from all the feelings I had after spending month in India.  When this book gave me the strength to be myself and become self conscious.  Self-awareness and consciousness are two very important facets of creativity.

The fear of judgment from your peers and unknowns is the greatest killer of creativity.  For example, while I am writing this blog post, if I am worrying about whether you would like reading it or not is a fear of judgment.  I am self-imposing limits from thinking fearlessly.  When you were kids you were more creative, because you were fearless about anyone's judgment.

No one can judge your creativity better than you.  How can someone criticize about your work who hasn't done anything?  Can anyone know you 100%?  No right.  So it is clear that nobody will ever know about your art.  If that is the case then why worry about their judgment.  Their judgment is totally reflecting themselves.  Just being yourself is the biggest step towards creativity.

Creativity Check : You are more creative amongst your friends.  Because you don't care about their judgments.  You simply want to share your thoughts with them.  Stop fearing from judgment and start sharing your ideas with everyone.

By asking question "Are you creative?", I meant are you self-aware? do you worry about others' judgment about your work?  do you fear?

 Lady Gaga (left) is the most creative person in business according to Fast Company(Read here).  If you read she says "I am a fearless person".  You have to be a fearless person in order to be creative.  Fearless from yourself and others' judgment.

Popular posts from this blog

Blamers vs Seekers

A Make Sure List For Every Meeting To Stay On Track

Sugar A Status Symbol ! Really !