Current Education System

If I would have been properly guided early in my life about the importance of premier institutes and about being the best in the world, then I would have been a different person today.  After knowing and exploring these I have realized some potential flaws with the current education system that shape our career selection.

Current education system doesn't suggest you relevant career options.  It doesn't adapt to your interest and life styles.  It doesn't adapt to your learning styles.  Current Education system reflects largely Ford's Mass production system(Assembly line of production), where everyone gets the same education.  Our manufacturing date is determined by our age (In which batch were you graduated?).  When in real world this manufacturing date has no relevance.   

In a University we have to take courses which aren't catered to individual needs.  They are same for everyone.  It would be great if I were to pick a mixture of courses and pack them into one program. How beautiful it would be!  I cannot even imagine.  If it was not for my extra curricular activities I would have never realized the potential benefit of taking art courses(which I never took).  My artistic skills helped me design nice web interfaces and gave me a different perspective.

One more problem with the assembly line mentality.  We adopted assembly line mentality and duplicated exactly into our education system with its flaws.  Failure which is an integral part of our learning process is not even mentioned anywhere.  In all of my book readings I have seen how a failure can teach you life lessons, still why we aren't implementing it in our learning models.  There is clearly a major faulty thinking at work.

If there is a time then this is it when we desperately need to revamp our education system.  Would you even wish to give the same education to your children?  I won't.  But I have faith in technology that it will make it happen sooner or later.

Popular posts from this blog

Blamers vs Seekers

A Make Sure List For Every Meeting To Stay On Track

Sugar A Status Symbol ! Really !