Why categorize ?

My blog doesn't fit into any one category and should I be worried about it.  No.  Social media pundits have long favored of finding a fitting niche category and blog about it.  "Niches can go crazy" says Gary Vaynerchuk of wine library tv on emphasizing the importance of niche categories.

My argument for not having a categorical blog is this, "In this creative economy, we should not be confined to some limits and not explore other possibilities."  I know fans of social media and leaders of specificity tribes will disagree with me.

There are many arguments and books written on being relevant to your audience while blogging and leading a tribe.  According to Seth Godin, your messages should be anticipated and relevant to your tribe.  Otherwise people will leave your site and tribe.  That is absolutely correct.  But should you find a category to blog and limit yourself to that particular category.

I believe that you should be free enough to explore and write on whatever interests you.  When you are creative and working with other people who are interested in what you do and the way you do it, there are no niches and categories. 

Take my word, categories and niches are dead.  If your brand is trusted, there is only one category you.  People believe in what Seth Godin has to say every day.  People crave for stuff that comes out from Apple

My blog will never fit in a category.  It is about ideas as they come to my mind.  I don't take a second to think if they are appropriate or they fit in.  Ideas come unbranded.  I can't tell every idea to every person I meet everyday so I blog.  And in this process I know some ideas will be better than the other.

Popular posts from this blog

Blamers vs Seekers

A Make Sure List For Every Meeting To Stay On Track

Sugar A Status Symbol ! Really !