Invest Into Cafeteria And Restaurants

Important Note: If you are reading this from cafeteria of a silicon valley company then please ignore.  If your company has a cafeteria and a restaurant paid by the company then please ignore.

Of course if it was my company I would also like to have sleeping beds on campus.  But that is going too much the Google way.  It is not bad though.  So in this post I am arguing as always that companies should invest more into cafeteria and restaurants rather than installing more and more individualized compartments for people.  Compartments add more bureaucracy and halts open discussions.  Yeah! I heard those privacy advocacy groups rambling about needing more private space, but what is private in a company after all.  Shouldn't everything within the company be considered open?

Cafeteria and restaurants is a nice way to bribe your employees to do amazing stuff and help company innovate with bright ideas.  Don't give me that windmill idea once again.  Anyways just think for a second what makes any one step out of a company everyday? Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast (if you are working night shifts).  Guess what people think when they want to network with anyone?  Ans. Let's go out for lunch at the Mediterranean restaurant.  What will I do when those business partners come next week?  Aha! I will take them out for lunch of course.

Everyday we seek to get out of the company to get lunch, dinner and breakfast.  I know I missed those 15min breaks where you seek for a vending machine to get snickers.  Afterall who wants to eat from vending machine or go out of the company if there is something available within the company.  I want to work extra hours (even if the company doesn't pay me more for that) and not worry about my hungry stomach.  Programmers who juggle with their mind every day to get the logic right, use up most of their energy pretty fast.  When we are hungry we can't work.  Even if we feel that after some time I will be hungry, I still cannot work worrying about it.

Just like me I know everyday there are many people longing to have cafeterias and restaurants within the great wall of their company.  I am surprised to see how some companies just get this idea and see them doing it brilliantly.  Example Google, Facebook.  Do you know any one?  I get creative and excited if I go out for lunch with my co-workers.  So many amazing ideas pop out of our heads.  It would be impossible for those ideas to come outside of our brains within the great wall of our mighty corporate.  Everyday just imagine how many people work, go out for lunch, network and meet at restaurants.  And imagine how many great ideas that lead to innovation would be popping up on their tables.  And how many of those ideas are wasted everyday.


Popular posts from this blog

Blamers vs Seekers

A Make Sure List For Every Meeting To Stay On Track

Sugar A Status Symbol ! Really !